Tim Evans 2014 QFT Lecture Videos
These videos were taken from the Autumn 2014 course given in the Physics department of Imperial College. The audience are final year MSci students, QFFF and Physics MSc students, some first year PhD students and some Erasmus students. In some cases sound may be poor, the microphone may have been off or muted. In other cases the lecture was not recorded as changes to the lecture timetable were not reflected in automatic recording schedule.
These were taken from the college's CMS system which inserts random spaces into text. If this happens in a web address used a for link to other pages then that page will not load. If you have problems, hover over the link and you can probably spot these spaces. The first link should work and shows you the format needed. Copy the link address, paste it into your browsers address bar and edit out the spaces. Do let me know if you find any broken links and I will fix them.
- Friday 10th October. QFT Lecture 1, Introduction
- Monday 13th October. QFT Lecture 2, Classical Field Theory
- Tuesday 14th October. QFT Lecture 3, Classical Field Theory.
- Friday 17th October.
QFT Lecture 4, Classical Field Theory: Lorentz symmetry and Real Scalar Fields.
- Monday 20th October. QFT Lecture 5, Classical Field Theory: Other limitations on Lag rangians.
- Tuesday 21st October. QFT Lecture 6, Classical Field Theory: Complex Scalar Field and Charges .
- Friday 24th October. QFT Lecture 7, Fermions.
- Friday 31st October. QFT Lecture 8, Fermions (not recorded).
- Monday 3rd No vember. QFT Lecture 9, FQFT: Free Real Scalar Field (see notes at top of page about sign error).
- Friday 7th November. QFT Lecture 10, FQFT: Free Real Scalar Field and Time (see notes at top of page about sign error).
- Monday 10th November. QFT Lecture 11, FQFT: Time and Two-Point Functions (see notes at top of page about sign error).
- Friday 14th November. QFT Lecture 12, FQFT: Two-Point Functions and Propagators (sound may be poor for first 25 minutes).
- Monday 17th November. QFT Lecture 13, FQFT: Feynman Propagator, Complex Scalar Field.
- Tuesday 18th November. Q FT Lecture 14, FQFT: Free Complex Scalar Field, Interacting IQFT.
- Friday 21st November. QFT lecture 15, IQFT: Interaction Picture.
- Monday 24th November. QFT lecture 16, IQFT: Matrix Elements and Normalisati on.
- Friday 28th November. QFT lecture 17, IQFT: State Normalisation, Simple Matrix Element and Wick's Theorem.
- Monday 1st December. QFT lecture 18, IQFT: Wick's Theorem (poor sound).
- Tuesday 2nd December. QFT lecture 19, IQFT: Towards Feynman Diagrams in Coordinate Space.
- Friday 5th December. QFT lectur e 20, IQFT: Feynman Diagrams in Coordinate Space.
- Monday 8th December. QFT lecture 2 1, IQFT: Feynman Diag rams and Symmetry Facto rs in Coordinate Space.
- Thursday 11th December. QFT lecture 22, IQFT: Symmetry Factors and Feynman Diagrams in Momentum Space.
- Friday 12th De cember. QFT le cture 23, IQFT: Feynman Rules in Momentum Space and Loop Momenta.
- Monday 15th Decem ber. QFT lecture 24, IQFT: The Free and Interacting Vacuum.
- Tuesday 16th December. QFT lecture 25, IQFT: Cross Section (not recorded).
- Friday 19th December. QFT lecture 26, IQFT: Mass Renormalisation (not recorded).
- Friday 1st May. QFT Revision Lecture.